About This Hymn:
- Fanny Crosby (Wholesome Words)
- Fanny Crosby (Britannica)
- The Life and Ministry of Frances Jane Crosby
- Fanny Crosby (FamPeople) - this is the most compete article by far! I haven’t even finished reading it.
Why I Chose This Hymn:
- This Mom Starts a New Chapter
- Arise (One Word)
- Sweet Sunday Morning in Geneve (Europe #5) - an amusing story of being in the right place at the right time
- The Power of a Christian Woman's Voice
- A Vision of Mother-Life (A Poem)
- Strength in Hymn index
- Savior, Like a Shepherd Lead Us
- Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah
- Mutual by Design 2017 Christians for Biblical Equality Conference
- The Puritans, The Quakers, and Little Old Me (Reflections on A Measure of Light) - many generations of God's leading in my family history
- Pilgrimage and Jubilee
The Photos in this Post:
The photos in this post are from my visit to the Franciscan Monastery of the Holy Land in America in Washington, D.C. last fall. I had wanted to go back to the National Cathedral the last time I visited family in Maryland. (See my poem God of Joy, I See Thee for photos of my first visit in 2017.) My nephew Doug also loves the cathedral and offered to take me. When we were driving home, I found out he had plotted a surprise detour to see the monastery too. He knew I would enjoy it, and I certainly did! I love this kind of adventure. You can see more about that here: My Birthday Weekend in Maryland.
Oh, all that for one hymn post! You never know what you're going to get when you read my blogs!