Saturday, October 25, 2014

Kyrie Eleison (Strength in Hymn)


"Kyrie Eleison"

Kyrie eleison
Christe eleison
Kyrie eleison


Lord, have mercy
Christ, have mercy
Lord, have mercy


This is the ancient “Jesus Prayer” sung as a hymn in the liturgy of churches around the world. 




When times are stressful, I can’t always concentrate on a long complicated prayer. Jesus hears me whisper this, and he knows what’s in my heart. 



Here is an amazing modern version by Keith and Kristyn Getty, as performed by the Christ Church choir in Nashville. It has additional English verses about justice, compassion, healing, and mercy. 



Note: Pictures were taken at dusk at Kewanee Park in Maitland, Florida. The sunset colors fade fast, so I had to catch them while I could. For more photos of the same park at daytime, see Kewanee Park on a Foggy Day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading Psalm 123 this week, and your post reinforces the truth that we look to the heaven-dwelling God for mercy. Glad to bump into you on this Still Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading Psalm 123 this week, and your post reminds me of the truth that we look to our heaven-dwelling God for mercy.

    ReplyDelete